Welcome!

On this blog I plan to share some of the randomness that comes into my mind throughout the day. Many times I see something or hear something that cause a wave of thoughts to take off in my mind and later I wished I would've jotted them down somewhere. I never do, so this blog will motivate me to write them down and share them with whoever is interested in reading them. I'm just an ordinary girl who is sometimes inspired, driven, or ticked off enough, to think some "worthy thoughts". Hope you like them! And While I'm at it, Im sure you have some worthy thoughts of your own. Please feel free to share. Be Blessed and Keep Dreaming.
-MeChe

Friday, January 28, 2011

When did meeting that special someone become so hard?

I’m at my apartment watching television and I’ve seen so many commercials advertising websites for single people to go on and meet other single people. There is eharmony.com, match.com, and I even saw christianmingle.com (This one is strictly for Christians) (Are they serious?). I also know of many people who have met through Internet sites such as MySpace or Facebook. It seems like meeting someone in person is pretty much out the question. There aren’t too many people meeting at the park, or at a gathering, or at work. In these places people are too busy to meet others. At the park they are spending time with their children; at the gathering they are catching up with their friends; and at work they are doing just that, working. See, that’s just the main excuse: “I’m too busy to meet someone”. So, they go online to meet others because that’s the only time they can. Well, there’s only one thing I have to say to that: You mustn’t be too busy when you’re online on any of these sites! People should invest the same amount of time that they spend in front of their PC’s into going out and socializing with real, live people. I think we have become afraid of human contact. Not only do we prefer to meet people online; we also communicate with each other in completely different ways than ten years ago. People much rather send an email than talk face to face or, better yet, people rather have entire conversations through text rather than to pick up the phone and call each other, but anyhow I digress. My initial question was: When did meeting that special someone become so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment