Welcome!

On this blog I plan to share some of the randomness that comes into my mind throughout the day. Many times I see something or hear something that cause a wave of thoughts to take off in my mind and later I wished I would've jotted them down somewhere. I never do, so this blog will motivate me to write them down and share them with whoever is interested in reading them. I'm just an ordinary girl who is sometimes inspired, driven, or ticked off enough, to think some "worthy thoughts". Hope you like them! And While I'm at it, Im sure you have some worthy thoughts of your own. Please feel free to share. Be Blessed and Keep Dreaming.
-MeChe

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Woman...

You know, this weekend I finally learned something vital and worth blogging about. Women are the reason why men continue to act like “dogs”. I don’t mean to come down on my breed, but, ladies, we need some harsh honesty for our asses and I’m here to give it to you.

So, I’m at this party, a kid’s birthday party, to be exact, it is mostly a family affair with some friends and neighbors there as well. One woman, who had been invited by the host (the birthday boy’s mom), was a co-worker of hers, and I guess she must’ve forgotten where she was and decided that she was going to flirt, exchange phone numbers and Facebook information, and hit on some of the guest that were there. Mind you, practically every man there was married or with their girlfriends. My first thought was that she was being extremely disrespectful to the host. Here she was, having been invited to her co-worker’s home to share in the child’s birthday party, and she is busy picking up men, as if she was at the club. My second thought was: “Women like this kill me!” This woman, without any hesitation, exchanged numbers with a man who was there with a date, and exchanged Facebook details with a man who was there with his wife and kids. This same woman who is now showing an obvious lack of respect for everyone, including herself, is the same woman that would probably cause a fight had she been the man’s date or the other man’s wife.

This is when it hit me. Men do what they do to women because women allow them to. If we have just a little respect for ourselves, they wouldn’t get away with half of the things they do to us. We are so busy complaining about them when we are the culprits. We are so fixed up on the idea that “the next girl is not going to care about us, so why should we care about them?” that we keep the circle of infidelity going. Women, we need to stand together on this issue, if we ever want to tackle it. If we don’t respect ourselves, you better be sure that a man isn’t going to either. We are so quick to disrespect ourselves on the sake of a man that if he’s disrespecting one woman to talk to you will also disrespect you to talk to the next girl.

Let’s have some self-respect. Lets do onto others, as we will like done onto us. Lets not settle for second. Lets not let a man put any other woman above us.

And if you don’t show respect for yourself or for another woman, then don’t complain when the tables turn on you…because they will.

(Note: Pay close attention to my diction. I used the word “breed” in the first paragraph because it’s supposed to make you think of dogs. If a man can be called a dog for putting his nose everywhere, then a woman can be called a bitch (female dog) for acting like one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment