Welcome!

On this blog I plan to share some of the randomness that comes into my mind throughout the day. Many times I see something or hear something that cause a wave of thoughts to take off in my mind and later I wished I would've jotted them down somewhere. I never do, so this blog will motivate me to write them down and share them with whoever is interested in reading them. I'm just an ordinary girl who is sometimes inspired, driven, or ticked off enough, to think some "worthy thoughts". Hope you like them! And While I'm at it, Im sure you have some worthy thoughts of your own. Please feel free to share. Be Blessed and Keep Dreaming.
-MeChe

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Any Regrets?

Can anyone, in all honesty, really say that they don’t have any regrets? Really? Think about it. Can you say this and mean it? See, I ask because I don’t think so. I know most of us often say that we don’t regret things; for it has been cemented in us that regretting is bad. “Never regret anything” is right at the top of the list of clichés, right after “Everything happens for a reason”…yeah, yeah, yeah. I beg to differ. I believe most people do have some regrets. I have some, and I’m here to say that it’s okay to regret. It means you’ve grown; you’ve realized you made a mistake and you’ve learned from it…Even if it’s too late now.

So, in my effort to save our young ones from this feeling, I have created the following:

A guideline for life… (For teenagers)

We’ll begin with your Teenage years: These years are Phase Two of your childhood. You may not feel like you’re a kid, but trust me, you are and when you’re 25 (and basically still a kid: phase three of your childhood) you’ll realize how much of a kid you really are. But anyhow I digress… These years are meant to be playful.. You should be playing and I don’t mean playing Barbies or GI Joe’s. I’m sure you have outgrown that by now. I mean a different kind of playing. Be playful…Don’t take yourself too seriously because no one else does and what you think is important now will most likely not be important in as little as the following year. Have fun with your friends, play pranks on eachother, have sleepovers, make lots of friends, hangout, date, but do so lightly, and do not, I repeat, do not get into a “relationship” (if I can call it that), do not get a boyfriend/girlfriend, main squeeze, main boo, wifey/hubby, whatever you might want to call it, just date and have fun. Trust me. There will be more than enough time for that. If you jump right into having a relationship, then when will you do the dating? The playing? Let me be the one to tell you, you may be able to get away with some stuff in your 20’s, but not a lot, and in your thirties, don’t even think about it. So enjoy these teenage years and do as much as possible because, as I’ve previously hinted, it’s the only time of your life when you can do pretty much anything and get away with it.

Moving on…

Your 20’s are about getting to know yourself…For most of us our College years… For some of us our best years. You meet the best people. Statistics say that people make their life long friendships in college. Learn about your interests. Learn about yourself. You will party on a different level, far better than your teenage years. Dating will be more intense. You may pick up a main squeeze now. If you can, travel as much as you can. Learn as much as you can, explore, inquire… These are your real “wonder years”. Try anything once but always be safe. Think. Analyze. Find your purpose in life. We all have one. Find your calling. Work. Establishing a career.

Your 30’s…Haven’t gotten there yet, but anything you haven’t done yet is fair game. Maybe get married…Have kids…

I don’t know. I guess I’ll let you know when I get to my forties. :-)


Coming soon...My sattirical approach to "A guideline for life... (For teenagers)"

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment