Welcome!

On this blog I plan to share some of the randomness that comes into my mind throughout the day. Many times I see something or hear something that cause a wave of thoughts to take off in my mind and later I wished I would've jotted them down somewhere. I never do, so this blog will motivate me to write them down and share them with whoever is interested in reading them. I'm just an ordinary girl who is sometimes inspired, driven, or ticked off enough, to think some "worthy thoughts". Hope you like them! And While I'm at it, Im sure you have some worthy thoughts of your own. Please feel free to share. Be Blessed and Keep Dreaming.
-MeChe

Thursday, December 30, 2010



“Love is in the air…every where I look around…” NOT. This is no attempt to be comical. I really do not see any proof of love. Real love. And I think, have I become a cynic, a pessimist, or am I realist?

So here I am…back to being the Bronx-Borough Carrie Bradshaw. In other words, I’m here to talk about love, to explore it, to try to understand many aspects concerning it. I guess, like many, I’m obsessed with the notion. I spend many hours dwelling on the subject because I just don’t seem to fully understand love. I’m not referring to the love I feel for my parents, or my kids, or my girlfriends. I’m talking about that “in-love” feeling that you feel for your mate. I recently looked up the word “love” and it was broken up into two definitions. One was “to care about; to have strong feelings of caring” and the other was “romantic attraction; a strong feeling of caring and liking for someone, combined with sexual attraction”. And if it was simply that, then maybe love is common; then I wouldn’t be so doubtful. However, it isn’t just “a strong feeling of caring”. Love has to be more than that for it to last and never fail. I ask for us to remember love as it is described in Corinthians 13. That is the correct definition of what love is supposed to be. That is the kind of love that marriages should be based on and the kind of love everyone seeks with keenness like none other.

…Many times I think it’s an emotion that doesn’t exist.

I don’t know of many examples that can prove me wrong. Here and there I may get to know of a relationship or a marriage that seems to consist of two people who genuinely love one another; A couple who respect each other, support, and challenge one another, they grow together and inspire each other…Basically, they are each other’s soul mate. But it’s not often. What I often see are mediocre marriages and relationships that must be based on those feelings described in the dictionary: simple feelings of caring. These relationships are full of problems and often never last (look at the divorce rate in America). They are relationships in which self-seeking triumphs over loyalty and kindness.

I want and hope for the love we see on TV even though I’m aware it may not exist. While many people say that television has corrupted the human mind, showing its viewers a depiction of love that’s overreached and not possible, I believe that it shows us of what real love is, and consequently reminds us of our shortcomings.

Therefore, until proven wrong (and only tangible experience will be considered), I may forever be a cynic, pessimist, or realist.

No comments:

Post a Comment