Welcome!

On this blog I plan to share some of the randomness that comes into my mind throughout the day. Many times I see something or hear something that cause a wave of thoughts to take off in my mind and later I wished I would've jotted them down somewhere. I never do, so this blog will motivate me to write them down and share them with whoever is interested in reading them. I'm just an ordinary girl who is sometimes inspired, driven, or ticked off enough, to think some "worthy thoughts". Hope you like them! And While I'm at it, Im sure you have some worthy thoughts of your own. Please feel free to share. Be Blessed and Keep Dreaming.
-MeChe

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

What is it about bringing in the New Year that causes me to suffer from such melancholy feelings? I could never explain it. Every New Year’s Eve I tell myself it’s just another ordinary day; Life will continue as it has been, but that never seems to make me feel any better, and I know I’m not the only one that feels this way. The power of the psychological is completely uncanny. I mean who cares that the date changes... who cares that instead of writing 2010 we will write another number? We will still continue to live the same life, work at the same job, hang with the same people, etc etc.

Maybe what gets us depressed is that we think the New Year will bring new possibilities. That would explain why so many make New Year’s resolutions, because they feel that the New Year is a new slate to make life better. This is exactly what I meant by the power of the psychological. We assume that the New Year will bring about change and the thought of change, since the outcome is unknown, cause us to feel gloomy and thoughtful. I, however, have never considered myself to be a person who’s afraid of change. In fact, I know I’m not. I usually embrace change. I also know that the New Year, more times than not, does not bring about any change. As I have previously said, the New Year continues on with the same old agenda. Therefore, what is it that really makes us feel so down and out??

No comments:

Post a Comment